You must be an AIGA member to participate. Please log in to submit your entry.
Thank you for helping AIGA Get Out the Vote in 2016 and beyond! Please review this introduction and submission checklist before proceeding to contribute.
This civic engagement initiative wields the power of design to motivate the American public to register and turn out to vote in the 2016 general election, as well as local elections to come. The core of the campaign is an online gallery of original, nonpartisan posters generated by AIGA members for printing and public distribution. It is vital to the spirit, impact, and accessibility of this campaign that posters are nonpartisan and in window card format (portrait, 11x17 inches).
- Download the .zip file containing the InDesign template for your poster.
- Design your poster, leaving the branded band embedded at the bottom.
- Provide your information (name, city, state) for design credit in the branded band where indicated. The text is set in Haptik, which is include in the .zip file.
- Once you’ve completed your poster, consult the checklist below to ensure your submission meets all of the requirements.
- Prepare a thumbnail image at 150x150 pixels in RGB, saved as JPEG or PNG for the gallery overview at aiga.org/vote.
- The poster message is nonpartisan
- Bleed is 0.125 inch
- AIGA Get Out the Vote branded band appears at bottom of poster
- Credit has been provided where indicated in the band
- InDesign file and linked artwork are set to CMYK
- Poster is 11 x 17 inches (portrait)
- All images are 300 dpi at full size
- All type has been converted to outline
- Any foreign language copy included in your design is translated into English in the submission description
- Poster is saved as a press quality PDF without security restrictions
- Please do not include crop marks
If your poster meets all of the above requirements, you are ready to submit through this entry form. After your submission is uploaded, it will be reviewed to ensure it adheres to the submission requirements and, upon approval, uploaded to the online gallery.
Rights and reproduction
By submitting a poster, you certify that you created or have ownership of the work— including the right to distribute stock images and fonts used in your design. You retain the copyright and agree to distribute under a Creative Commons “Attribution-NoDerivs” license. You grant to AIGA the right to use accepted work for reproduction in posters for the Get Out the Vote initiative; in publications; in exhibitions; on its website; and for educational and AIGA-related noncommercial promotional purposes.